Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Business Matters

So, I am sitting in an old historic plantation house on the Southern Bible Belt in Statesboro, Georgia. Why? I am on a business trip... again.

Overall I'm having a really fun time. Monday was our travel day... and it was SO exhausting! Basically, I woke up at 4:30am and after two flights and a while of driving I ended up arriving at my hotel room at 10pm that night. Talk about a long day.

Then today, I woke up at 6am (after not falling asleep until about midnight because of the wierd time change). And tonight it is about 8pm here and I just got back from dinner. That's how long today has been. But its been great. And I really am having a fun time.

Tomorrow I'm giving two major presentations (which never fails to make me feel a little inadequate and a whole lot young compared to the people whom I'm presenting to..). One presentation I've never given before and I'm a little nervous about how it is going to turn out. I can only hope that I have practiced enough and that my audience will lend me some grace if I mumble my words or am unable to answer their questions. But I will say I love the challenge. I love getting up in front of people and talking about something I know about and have trust in (yes I am talking about Northland's HD and Internet service here... and I know how nerdy I sound... deal with it I guess). Haha! But it should be a good day regardless of how the presentations turn out because after work some of the people we are here to visit are going to be taking me and my coworker out on the little town of Statesboro for drinks and dinner. I am excited!

Anyway, I best be getting along. I still have some practicing to do and some sleeping to fall into. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments: