- Seth Godin, The Purple Cow
----
I have rediscovered how much of a nerd I am. Yesterday I was at Barnes and Noble and I bought two books. One book is about three Manhattan city women and their intertwined lives as they face love, heartache and discover what the true meaning of friendship is. The other is titled "Purple Cow" and it is a marketing book. Yes, a marketing book. There is no plot. No character development. No fiction. Just simple marketing. I am a nerd to the core.
This particular marketing book was recommended to me by a good friend. So, when I saw the cover (yes a spotted purple cover) I couldn't resist making the purchase and began reading it today.
The only problem is... according to Mr. Godin... Marketing is dead.
What am I to do?! Marketing is my job! If marketing is dead, then my job is soon to be obsolete!
What is the truth and the mystery behind the Purple Cow? Stay tuned. There's got to be more behind the death of marketing... if not... then I'm toast.
No comments:
Post a Comment