Last Late Eastside Tuesday
This morning was one of those days where the night before you decide you want to wake up a little early. Since you have such trouble waking up in the morning, you usually set two alarms on regular work days. But this time, you figure that since you're setting the alarm early you won't need a second one to get you up on time... First mistake...
So, you set your one alarm and quickly fall asleep curled up under the covers.
Then it happens, you suddenly wake up and a sixth sense knowledge clearly flows to your brain that you woke up late... again.
This is in fact what happened to me today. I had originally planned on waking up 20 minutes earlier than usual (had some stuff I wanted to get done), but since I only set one alarm instead of the two alarms 5 minutes apart that I usually set, I ended up sleeping right through my only "you better wake up now!!" reminder that I had set. In result... I woke up with only 10 minutes to get ready. Gasp!
And so, this is the last late tuesday on the Eastside I will ever have to endure. I'm sure that once I move I will encounter more late days, but at least this is one last that won't ever happen on the Eastside again. And just for the record... I did make it to work on time. And I think I'll be receiving a gold medal in the mail for this years Olympics for fastest time getting ready in the morning (for women mind you)... or at least personal best record.
And on top of it all, I think I look pretty darn good despite it.
1 comment:
Hey love!!!
Thanks for all your comments on my blog. It has been really cool to read them. I can't wait to come home and see the new place! I am really excited for you guys. No I am not getting engaged to ANYONE here. They treat women like crap and I don't take that ish. Anyways I miss you and will talk to you soon!
I love you!!
~Michelle
Post a Comment