Friday, April 24, 2009

I Saw the Signs

I was sitting on the bus this morning... i-Pod in hand and ears... listening to some good music... when I hear from a fellow bus rider...

"It is Spring."

Friends, it is in fact Spring!!! 
  • It is sunny and rainy every day.
  • Tree blossoms are blooming everywhere. Thank goodness for no allergies.
  • I am beginning to have trouble finding a parking spot in Greenlake.
  • Running outside has become more routine.
  • On Monday, I wore a t-shirt instead of a long-sleeved shirt for soccer.
  • The other day, a bee harassed me. Terrifying.
  • The first spider in our house was killed this week... by yours truly i might add.
  • Flying kites and having random football/soccer pick-up games in the park has become the norm.
  • It was 7:30pm last night... and the sun was STILL shining!
  • I ordered an iced coffee the other day because it was too warm outside for a hot one.
  • On Saturday I'm going hiking.
  • Flip flops are back in style.
  • So are sunglasses.
  • And I swung in our hamak outside on our back porch last weekend.
And what's even better than spring??

SUMMER!!!! Friends, it is just around the corner. Hang in there with me.  Its almost here.


No comments: