"Words are but a pale expression of what our hearts truly mean to say."
- Anonymous
Talk about powerful! And oh, so true.
Just last night I had trouble verbally expressing what my heart was trying to say. As a result, my heart felt restless and chained as I struggled to convey true meaning. I felt the meaning - because it was inside me and was a part of me - but the English language failed at providing a path to full understanding. This left me in a sense of defeat... if only I could have expressed my heart, maybe I could have reached the summit of where it was attempting to lead me.
If only we were able to take our deepest heart tinglings and put them into adequate language for others - and for ourselves - to better understand our inclinations. Seemingly, this would make all the difference in the world... in my life... as I attempt to learn who I am, define who I want to become and interact with the world that surrounds me.
Perhaps that is one reason why we need the Holy Spirit's intercession on our behalf. Because sometimes there are NO WORDS to express our deepest love, needs, hurt, excitement, joy... and perhaps that is exactly it... our yearning hearts lead us to Jesus because we cannot figure it out on our own. Only He knows.
So, where does that leave me? Feeling defeat? Maybe for a time... but eventually it transforms into knowledge and understanding that my heart isn't my own. It belongs to Jesus. It was created by Jesus for His glory and purpose.
My heart is merely attempting to respond to His call. I think I better let it.
No comments:
Post a Comment