Friday, March 6, 2009

My New Best Friends

I have made two new best friends this week. They are the type of friends who bring relief to your life; who remind you that your multi-symptom diagnosis can be treated - that you're not at a loss yet. There's still hope.

Yep. I'm talking about DayQuil and NyQuil. And yep. I've been terribly sick this week.

In fact, I don't remember the last time I was this sick - the type of sick where you have to take three consecutive sick days off from work in a row. The type of sick where you can barely get out of bed - and when you do, you merely make it up the stairs to sit on the couch where all you can do is stare out the window in silence because you don't have enough energy to pick up the remote control sitting next to you to turn the TV on. Pathetic? Yeah. It's the type of sick where you look high all the time because your eyes are saturated in redness and refuse to open all the way despite it being the middle of the day. It's the type of sick where you body just aches and hurts all over - it leaves you wondering if you'll ever feel normal again. Its the type of sick where your throat is ragged-raw and your nose is dry and runny all at the same time. And when you walk, you do more of a shuffle step because you don't have the energy to completely lift your foot off the ground just to put it back down again. You pretty much just feel spent all the time - even after you wake up from a four hour nap that you took a half an hour after you woke up in the morning. Funny how that happens.

This is how I've felt. And this is why DayQuil and NyQuil are my new best friends - because I've seen more of them in the past few days then my actual roommates. Without them, I think I'd be even worse off.

Fortunately, today I have at least made it out of the house and am at work... for a little while anyway.  I can already feel the afternoon hit coming - and its not even 11am yet. So, we will see how long I last sitting in my chair, designing postcards and newspaper ads. But for now, here I am trying to get a little work done so I won't be as far behind on Monday as I'm afraid I will be.

Oh well. At least the sunshine is out to make me a little happier :)




No comments: