Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Champions Moving Up

Soooo...  quick update on soccer. 

As I mentioned before, two fridays ago, our championship game was canceled mid-game because the lights on the field decided to unexpectedly turn off and the ref was unable to turn them back on. The game has yet to be rescheduled. In fact, we found out it probably won't be rescheduled. So... since we were going into the championship game as the number one seed, I have decided to claim the championship title for our team. Totally appropriate right? I mean, if we don't get to play then we just have to assume that since we were ranked above the competing team then we were in fact destined to beat them. It only makes sense... so I guess my team is now the champion of our winter season. Way to go us.

Ironically enough, the league we play in decided to move us up a division for spring season. We now play in division 5A (out of like 10 divisions with A and B)... which is pretty good considering that most of us only played in high school and one of our biggest scorers is playing his FIRST year EVER of organized soccer... which is pretty sweet if you ask me. He's a natural.

Anyway, last night was our first game of the spring season and I was a little nervous. I didn't want our team to get blown out of the water by the other team and higher division. Well, I am happy to report that we won (for sure) - 5 to 3 (i think)! It was a pretty good game really. The ref made some poor calls - because they always seem to - but overall it was a good game. I think some of our players had the best game I've ever seen them play and that's always cool to be a part of.

But I will say that we did compete against more skillful players last night compared to last season, so it will be interesting to see how good we do in the future. Time will only tell. But its fun because I like a challenge and playing against more skillful people calls me to step it up and play better too. So, if nothing else, maybe I'll get a little better at soccer. 

Regardless, I'm still loving my life!



No comments: