Most of the time, when it comes to Mondays, people wish they could crumple it up in their hands like a ball of paper and simply throw it away. It reminds us that yes, we do have to work for a living, which often requires us to wake up early... something I honestly despise doing. So, all in all, Mondays just sometimes suck.
Well, yesterday was different.
No I didn't skip out on work. No I wasn't able to sleep in. No my day wasn't different than any other Monday...
But my evening was :)
First off, I decided to cook. Yep, that's right. Dawn decided to actually go to the grocery store, buy HEALTHY food (that's for you Kelsey and Shelby) and make a real dinner. Way to go me. Plus it wasn't just any dinner. I thought of it, prepared it, cooked it and spiced it all by myself. This is a big deal people! Just think of zucchini (yum!), potatoes and chicken all sauteed together in lemon pepper spices. Simply life changing :)
Later in the evening my roommates and I decided on a whim to go out to our neighborhood COUNTRY dive bar - basically right across the street from our house - for the first time. And can I just say... The Little Red Hen (doesn't the name just say it all?!) is awesome! Not only did we line dance, listen to karaoke (two girls sang Toxicity by System of a Down... horrible but hilarious), but we also made friends. It was just one of those perfectly unexpected, but needed, experiences.
It's about challenging daily routine. Stepping out of a comfort zone in a big way. Trying new things and being open to spontaneity and surprise. And once you do, you end up with one of the funniest, most random nights ever. It doesn't get any better than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment