2009. This is going to be a good year. A better year.
So, while I don't necessarily believe in resolutions (because no one ever keeps them anyway) I do believe in taking reassessments of life and remembering what the heck I'm even doing here in the first place. So, what better place to reflect than on a blog, right? (well maybe not, but I'm going to do it anyway...)
- I am a follower of Christ. My heart says yes to him. I want to serve him in everything I do. And while I make many mistakes in life, I am changing. I am moving forward with every lesson learned. It is called messy transformation and its all I know how to do. Its all I can do. And so, I continue living as good as I can - for the God I love - and hope that I am at least making a little ripple in the world toward something far better and more loving than it originally was. This is my pursuit in life.
- I am a risk taker. Life often requires us and prompts us to take big risks in order to receive long-lasting, positive, amazing returns. And while big risks also have the possibility of leading to disaster, it is the chance I must take. I never want to miss out on a blessing, an experience, a possibility due to my fear. And so, I will continue to take risks in hope that I am living my life to the fullest and taking every opportunity that comes my way.
- Selfishness is stupid. I want to live a life of generosity. This doesn't only apply to my finances, but also to my actions, my thoughts, my pursuits. It is a lifestyle that seeps through every crack of life. It is an act of humility (which I often struggle with) in which I desire to pursue with deeper conviction.
- Authenticity. Transparency. To never hold back who I am, who I was created to be. What you see is pretty much what you get. No secrets. No hiding. This is simply who I am and who I will continue to be.
- And I have goals in which I desire to achieve. Whether that means I'm really going to climb a mountain this summer, go and see polar bears for real, backpack in the Olympics, continue working hard in my career, run a half marathon...I don't know. But, I can try. And so I will. And if I "fail" I will keep trying until my goals are met. I've always liked a challenge anyway. So, here we go.
So, that's pretty much it. And maybe I should put in something about boys... hmm... let's just say I need to make better decisions ;) Messy transformation right?
Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment