Monday, October 27, 2008

Thoughts

Then Jesus said, 

Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Take my  yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I am humble and gentle at heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

Thought: There's power in these words... 

---

Side note:

I want people to look at me and be able to see richness in my life. 

I really do. 

But I want others to see me as rich not because of money or material things, but because of Jesus in me. I never want money or my job to define me and I never want others to view me as "rich" because of my money or my job. It's completely unappealing and I hate it. But, I am rich... and its because of the life Jesus has blessed me with: my family and my friends and the experiences he's graciously provided to teach me and grow me. Those are the reasons why I'm rich... and the only reasons why I'm rich. Without them, regardless of the amount of money I make, I would be incredibly poor. So, can we please remember that life is not about consumerism, money, material items? It is about our relationship with God and with each other. It is about moving forward - learning and growing in love. In is about being rich in the spirit and in life and love. 

Money merely gets in the way.


No comments: