Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Bus Lesson

Walk on the bus... look around...

Men and women 
sitting, 
staring, 
sleeping, 
listening to an iPod, 
reading a book,
dressed in work attire, ready for the day?

But who are they? What are their stories? Are their lives currently filled with joy or with pain? Do they have someone to go home to? Do they feel lonely or loved?

Everyone has a story to share. Wouldn't it be cool if we each had our own life story teller that followed us, writing our experiences down as we lived them? It would be an ongoing process - but we could stop every once in a while and flip back the story and read. Wouldn't it help us to remember where we've been... and remind us where we are going?

I wonder what the stories are of the strangers I see every day. 

And I wonder if mine will ever make an impact... or where I will end up.

But you can't read the final yet... its still in its creative process of discovery.

---

PS: Isn't it frustrating when you over-react about something? You just end up worrying about something that isn't worth putting energy toward. Its dumb. 


No comments: