Sunday, October 26, 2008

Thank You for Vacations

I took work off on Friday and went to Oregon with one of my best friends ever ;) And I just have to say... thank you for vacations!

Sometimes you just NEED a vacation. Sometimes life gets so hectic and it begins to wear a person down a little and you need a vacation. Sometimes because life can dictate so many things...you forget to feel because you are so caught up in the moments of busyness - so, when you finally get a chance to relax a little, emotions come pouring out of you that you didn't realize were even there and didnt realize that they needed to be felt.

These are the reminders that we need to take more breaks to listen, to feel, to remember what we are living for in the first place. These are the reminders that we need to make sure that life does not engulf us and cause us to forget so many important things that we need.

So, again, thank you for vacations and the reminders that there is more to life than the constant routine. I hope I remember to take more vacations...even if they are just in my little mini vacations throughout the day...so I don't forget the bigger picture and what living is all about...

No comments: