Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Remembering

Yesterday as I got off work and walked to my bus stop, a swarm of fire trucks, ambulances, police cars and officers swarmed into my path.

As I got closer to the Macy's parking garage, I realized the cross walk was closed. An accident, or something, had happened. And when I rounded the bend to the other side of the street, it all came into light.

People everywhere were in a frenzy. Fingers pointed up to the top of the 9 story parking garage and traced each floor down to the ground... and that's when I realized... a man either jumped or was pushed off the top of the parking garage and fell to the ground moments before I had arrived to witness the event.

Instinctively, I looked into the window of the ambulance on the other side of the street. Seeing paramedics working hard to resuscitate the fallen victim, I turned away. What more could be done?

I write this post in remembrance of that man. Without knowing him, the struggles he faced or the joys he experienced, I ask each of you to say a prayer for his family. His friends. And that he would be remembered with joy and celebration... instead of defeat.

I am left hoping that with his frail departure he has met much hope and joy at the doors of eternity...

No comments: