Saturday, May 9, 2009

I love my life!

Don't you love the hidden quirks about people? I do. They bring a smile to my face and make me laugh and appreciate who people are even more.

Well - just like everyone - there are some funny little things that I love and help make me who I am.

For one, I love Hula Ken. He was given to me by an incredibly good friend during a rough time in my life. Since then, he has always been a reminder that no matter how low things seem to be, there's always something to keep you smiling... and dancing... and singing. Yes its true... Hula Ken is just that cool :) And so is the friend who gave him to me :)


Another random thing about me that you'll notice super quick is that I love...


Diet Coke!!! Again, its the simple things in life that keep us grounded, right? 

And even though both Hula Ken and Diet Coke seem to be minor... maybe even too simplistic... that's the greatest part about it! Life gets better - and means more - when we appreciate the intricate moments and gifts that bring a little extra light into our lives. And yes, Hula Ken and Diet Coke do that for me :)

And lastly... another thing that I've almost forgotten about is... photography.


Recently a roommate of mine motivated me to take my camera out and actually - dare I say - use it. And oh my gosh! How I forgot the joys of photography! Be it flowers in my bathroom, or my beautiful roommates at Pike Place, it makes me alive and once again notice the small things that make our world more real. Its finding beauty and love (?) in unexpected places. And I love that.

.

And after a great day of walking around Pike Place picking out flowers for our mom's for mother's day, having so much fun taking pictures of random things and my crazy roommates, going down to Greenlake to play some volleyball with good friends... I find myself content and happy sitting at our little neighborhood bar and grill amazed once again by how much...

I love my life!!! I hope and trust that you love yours too :)

No comments: