Monday, June 14, 2010

The Party's Complete

I bought goggles today. At Walgreens, of all places. Why? Because I've decided to take up swimming... because I'm still not supposed to run or hike because of my knee. BTW, I didn't tear my meniscus, so no surgery, which is awesome. But now they think its a problem with my IT band which I guess takes a looooooong time to heal. I have a friend who had the issue and it took a year to heal. Blah. Fortunately, my new PT is already making progress on my knee... therefore, my hope has been restored for some amazing adventures this summer... Mount Adams and St. Helens included. And that is why I'm defaulting to swimming. Even though I kind of hate it. And kind of suck at it... I'm still going for it because its what's going to keep me ready for the moment I get the OK to hike. This is my hope anyway... we'll see how it plays out.

-----

To get my MBA? Or not to? That is the question... we'll see what the divine has planned for me. Waiting and trusting for now.

-----

It's almost August... when my lease comes up... and the ending of an epic two years comes into play. My roommates and I are dispersing with celebrations of marriage, traveling adventures, and eastside jobs. But I'll remain in this wonderful Seattle city. I will miss my wonderful roommates to death... but am expectant for what this next phase of life holds. We'll see how the living situation pans out. For now, I'm soaking up each and every day that we have left together... as roommates... not as friends, because that's forever. So we at least have that going for us :)

-----

We watched a huge german shepherd this weekend... his name was Max. And he was awesome. I made him cuddle with me and I think he eventually learned to love it. This weekend just further confirms that one day I will own a huge, lovable pup of my own... and I cannot wait.

-----

I've been driving a rental ford focus for the past week. Because a metro bus hit my PARKED car. Blah. Talk about inconvenient and annoying. Luckily, I get my beloved car back today. I'm stoked.

-----

And I'll leave you with a quote from Frederick Buechner:

The grace of God means something like this: Here is your life. You might never have been, but you are because the party wouldn't have been complete without you.


No comments: