My knee still has not healed. I went to an orthopedist yesterday. Got x-rayed. Getting an MRI tomorrow. Torn lateral meniscus? We shall see. We shall see very very soon. I'm not sure what to hope for. If its torn then I can get surgery and finally be on my way to a full recovery. If its not, then what the hell is going on with my knee and how much longer will it take to heal? Its already been 4 months. The doctor says my quad has atrophy... meaning the muscle is diminishing from less usage... he didn't mention any other options besides a torn meniscus. Needless to say, I'm ready for some answers. I've got mountains to climb in July... serious ones. And so I need some serious answers. And a seriously quick recovery.
My head hurts. It feels like its either going to explode or implode... not sure which one. Hope neither happens... but then again, if it did it probably wouldn't hurt anymore. Ugh. Sinus infection maybe? Should go to the doctor, but I'm getting sick of doctors. What to do? What to do? More coffee...
I fell on my wrist the other day. It still hurts. Not sprained.... merely annoyed, or strained. In any case, typing bugs it. But that's what I do all day, so I may as well continue and keep trying to ignore it.
So, when I fell the other day, the impact on my wrist must have also impacted my upper arm/shoulder/deltoid/i don't know what muscle it actually is, but it hurts. And blow drying and straightening my hair is taking longer because the hurting arm/shoulder requires breaks from being used. Blah. Good thing I didn't miss my bus this morning.
The irony? Everything that hurts is on my right side. Feel free to call me a right-sided gimp for now. My left side won't take offense.
The dichotomy between good, strong, courageous and adventurous... and stop! slow down! don't do that! ouch! is driving me crazy... Which side do I listen to? Can I listen to both at the same time? Not sure...
Ok, my gripping is over. Everything will heal in time... hopefully the time will be fast, quick, like the speed of light. I'm crossing my fingers... on my left side. We'll see if that helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment