It was a beautiful night and you were standing on your balcony. Raja was providing you the comfort and space to confess your dissatisfaction with life. You want more. You dream for more. You're ready for what this world really has to offer...
And then suddenly he sweeps you up on his magic carpet, taking you wonder by wonder, sideways and under. Soaring. Tumbling. Freewheeling.... and you sing.
Ok, wait... that wasn't actually you. It was Jasmine. And Aladdin wooed her. And they fell in love and the rest was history! An epic fairy tail ending unlike any other! *Sigh.*
When I was little I remember how my brother would pretend to be Aladdin, sword fighting his way through the market and escaping capture by mere inches! And who was I? Jasmine, the princess who fell in love with her love and with life. *Sigh.*
And then - sadly - reality hit sometime in my pre-adolescent past and it was made known that no, I'm not actually Jasmine. And no, my prince will not sweep me up on his magic carpet and reveal the wonders waiting for me in this world.
But...
I was told today that... yes, indeed... my voice sounds just like Jasmine's!
So, ha! If I sound like Jasmine, then why can't I be Jasmine? Besides, I already have a Raja in Roscoe.

See the similarity?? Yep yep... I'm already on my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment