Not just any old day. It is the day that I, along with eight of my friends, will be climbing Mount Saint Helens. For reals people.
Despite the fact
that St. Helens is an active volcano,
that we may be exposing ourselves to volcano hazards that may occur without warning,
that this climb involves gaining 4,500 feet in a mere five mile climb (crazy!!),
and that it is supposed to take roughly 7-12 hours to complete,
I AM SO EXCITED!

The crater rim stands at 8,365 feet and that is where I will be on July 26th!
---
Also - side note - is it weird that I am becoming "saying-hi-as-we-pass-by-friends" with a construction worker that I walk past every day on my way to work?? I mean, we can't help but acknowledge each other, right? We literally do see each other every day. Wouldn't it be mean to ignore him after all this time?
I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment